Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Wordle

In a bit of fortuitous timing, partway through last year's blogathon, I learned about Wordles. You go to the site, put a link in, and you get a word picture instantly. Pretty cool.

Last year, I used one, as my friend Lisa put it, as a "Get Out of Blogathon Jail Free" card, and this year, I'm going to do the same. It's a gorgeous, sunny Saturday, and though the asparagus bed is done for the moment, the rest of the garden isn't.

What I like about the wordles is that they're a snapshot in time, a moment in the life of the blog. In last year's wordles (I did two), my concerns were mainly yogurt, which I was making for the first time, and the sinkhole in the bike path. This year, it's pretty clear what's been in my blog most recently. I'm going to make a note to myself that I should do wordles more often and not just when I want to spend a day in my gardens rather than at my computer. Do click on the image, as it's better when it's big. Happy Saturday!



4 comments:

Kerry Dexter said...

visula, funy thought provoking -- what's not to like? thanks.

Sue Dickman said...

I really recommend them, even if you're not trying to fit in a sort-of rest day during a blogathon!

Michelle Rafter said...

Love Wordle, and these colors are fantastic.

Pavithra K said...

WoW! thanks for the wordle :) Lovely thing!