Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Haikus of the Day


Today is the second blogathon theme day--Haiku Day! Unfortunately, I missed last week's theme day, but it's always fun to do haikus. (And it's nice to have a shorter than usual post to do on a busy day.)

As I did last year, I've written two garden-related haikus. My first is, in fact, a sequel to one of last year's haikus. It seems fitting to put them together under one title:

The Neighbor's Cat Visits my Garden

i.

The cat from next door
has napped on my baby greens.
Leaves crushed into soil.

ii.
I have moved the greens
to a new bed in the shade.
Please, cat, stay away!

And the second, perhaps a common sentiment this month:

The lawn is awash
with violets and clover;
I don't want to mow.

More poetry tomorrow, though not of the haiku persuasion.

5 comments:

Bach said...

Love it, and you are making me look forward to next year's Blogathon and Haiku day already!

kerry dexter said...

like these. thanks, Sue.

Vicki said...

I enjoyed your haikus... and the photo just tops it off!

Vicki

wedding dresses 2012 said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,wedding dresses 2012,cocktail dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

dress1 said...

All shall be well,Jack shall have Jill.Welcome to our wedding dresses online shop to get beautiful dresses!