Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Greedy Gardener

Because I bought blueberries and basil at the Tuesday Market in late April;

And because then I bought leeks, onions, parsley, a hot pink echinacea and three $3 perennials -- a globe thistle, a Cupid's Dart and one I can no longer remember at the Saturday Market in early May;

And because then I stopped at the Hadley Garden Center and picked up another tub of strawberries to supplement my collection as well as a few more asparagus crowns to put where last year's asparagus didn't reappear;

And because at last week's farmers market, I felt compelled to buy another cat mint and more parsley;

And because John Bator, gardener extraordinaire, kindly agreed to buy me $10 worth of plants at the annual Pascommuck Conservation Trust plant sale (which, despite the fact that it happens about 5 minutes from my house, I knew I wouldn't get to early enough to get anything good, and since John was running the sale, he'd be there in any case);

And because John was especially generous and got me 4 plants for that $10--a gaillardia, a Veronica Spicata, an anise Hyssop and one other I can no longer remember;

In short, because of this case of garden greed I've shown over the past month, is it too much to ask for the sun to stay out long enough--or, at least for the rain to stop falling long enough-- for me to plant it all?

The aerial view:

3 comments:

Anjuli said...

I do hope the sun will shine for you to do some planting!!

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

dress1 said...

We have been dress business for 20 years and you can trust us completely.
Our wedding dress shops have Evening Dresses,Prom Dresses, wedding dresses ,A-Line Wedding Dresses,Empire Wedding Dresses,Mermaid Wedding Dresses and so on.