Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Haikus of the Day


Today is the second blogathon theme day--Haiku Day! Unfortunately, I missed last week's theme day, but it's always fun to do haikus. (And it's nice to have a shorter than usual post to do on a busy day.)

As I did last year, I've written two garden-related haikus. My first is, in fact, a sequel to one of last year's haikus. It seems fitting to put them together under one title:

The Neighbor's Cat Visits my Garden

i.

The cat from next door
has napped on my baby greens.
Leaves crushed into soil.

ii.
I have moved the greens
to a new bed in the shade.
Please, cat, stay away!

And the second, perhaps a common sentiment this month:

The lawn is awash
with violets and clover;
I don't want to mow.

More poetry tomorrow, though not of the haiku persuasion.

3 comments:

Tia Bach said...

Love it, and you are making me look forward to next year's Blogathon and Haiku day already!

Kerry Dexter said...

like these. thanks, Sue.

Vicki said...

I enjoyed your haikus... and the photo just tops it off!

Vicki