Friday, March 27, 2009

Beverley Nichols and me

A little essay I wrote about the writer Beverley Nichols is up at the Christian Science Monitor. It's a bit bittersweet because it's the last daily print edition; starting next week, they're going to online only, with a weekly magazine. They're a nice place to sell essays to, so I'm glad they'll still be around, in some form. And I'm glad I could sneak in under the wire with one more essay in the print edition. My original title was "My Winter of Gardening Vicariously" but they changed it to "A Gardener of Wit and Passion," which makes it more about Beverley Nichols than me, which I suppose, is appropriate.

2 comments:

Debi Harbuck said...

That's a lovely essay, Sue.

Meredith said...

Very nice, Sue - you've made me want to dig out my copy of Merry Hall and re-read it.